Monday, March 25, 2013

Greetings from the past

Brazil
If you think this card looks old, you are right, but there's a story behind it that I would like to share with you all. It was 1980 when my parents got married and decided to spend their honeymoon in Brazil. They went to the marvelous Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, and to the beautiful city of Salvador. Once there, they sent this postcard: it was written by my mother and addressed to my father's parents.

Almost two years later... I was born. Many years went by, I started collecting postcards, and during Mother's Day celebration in 2011 (we celebrate it in October), my grandmother showed up with this card saying I should have it.

The view is not that great, but this is definitely the most special card I have. Even my parents were thrilled when my grandmother took the card out of her bag. Totally unexpected, absolutely awesome.

Have you ever received a very special old card?

3 comments:

  1. No old cards, but I do have some old letters and New Years wishes to and from my dad. Those are really special to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand why! It is really special to find old cards, letters, or happy wishes that have been sent/received by/from your beloved ones. I have some really old Christmas cards (not postcards) that have been sent to my grandmother, but unfortunately handwriting is too crappy to fully understand the messages. In most of the cases my grandmother can't even remember who those people signing the cards were. I still keep them as a precious treasure anyway. Thank you for taking the time to read over my blog. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. Hello! I am here because of your other blog.
    I don't have so many postcards, I do have a lot of cards and letter. In my childhood my mother used to spend a lot of time trying to make us (my brother and I) write letter to other children in other countries.
    Nice memories, I would say.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...