Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Looks like magic

marzze | Finland | Ago. 2009

A few days ago I was watching the Discovery Science channel, and I wasn't paying much attention, until I heard they were talking about auroras Borealis (which I find fascinating). I remembered I had once received a card showing one, and how impressive that view looked. I always imagined that seeing one must be an amazing thing to experience. To be honest, I hadn't heard of them before joining the Postcrossing forum, but it's something that you have to see to believe. Those colors? Wow...

As I'm far from being an astronomy expert, I'll just share what Wikipedia has to say about this phenomenon:
"... is a natural light display in the sky particularly in the high latitude (Artic and Antarctic) regions, caused by the collision of energetic charged particles with atoms in the high altitude atmosphere".
Had you ever heard about auroras Borealis?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...