Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Remember that November



 


DE-118030
Sender: piafenten
From: Germany
Arrived: Nov. 30th 2007
Distance: 11.662 km
Traveled: 9 days

 

I joined the postcrossing adventure after a Spanish friend of mine told me about the site and her beautiful collection. That was back in 2007, and once my first sent card was registered, I was really looking forward to finding a card in my mailbox. At that time, I thought postcards were all about single views, plain stamps, and "greetings from..." messages. Imagine my surprise when I got this card: unwritten, no stamps, inside an envelope, but there was a letter... written in German.

The letter was so long and sweet that I didn't even mind all the rest. It gave me not only the opportunity to practice my German skills, but a good insight of piafenten's life in Germany. Over 5 years later, I'm still wondering why someone would choose such a card (the letter just said it was one of her favorites, with no additional comments) and how should I categorize it. But something I learned over these years is that when it comes to postcards, there's no accounting for taste. All in all, not what I was expecting, but I was very happy anyway.

Was your first received card what you were expecting?

2 comments:

  1. My first received card came only two days after my first sent card got registered. So I wasn't expecting one already. It was a beautiful card from Finland, still one of my favourites today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two days? Wow, that's fast! Lucky you! :) It must have been a nice surprise, as I think all postcrossers will agree that the first card is the one you more anxiously await! Thank you for sharing your experience in my blog. I hope to see you around.

      Delete

What are you thinking?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...